Mount Cook, New Zealand










Can you believe this scenery? I think I'm still in awe. The last leg of my trip to New Zealand was in Twizel, where my uncle and his family live. They are about half an hour away from Mount Cook, the tallest mountain in New Zealand at about 12,000 feet. Mount Cook is one peak in the Southern Alps. It sits in a national park that also includes valleys and glaciers. 

We walked up to the Tasman Glacier (pictured right before the first helicopter photo!), which was supposed to be a "20 minute walk." This walk is completely uphill and includes a lot of stairs. I'd say it actually took us 30 minutes to hike to the top and 10 minutes to come back down. If you're looking for more information about the Aoraki/Mount Cook national park, click here. My uncle works for The Helicopter Line at Mount Cook. He was able to be our pilot when we flew up near the Zodiac Glacier for the photo op of a lifetime. It was -6 degrees Celcius, or about 21 degrees Fahrenheit outside and the snow was up to my knees.  All the flight information can be found here!

After New Zealand, we spent a few short days in Australia. Check out my instagram for a few photos, but there won't be a blog post since I spent as much time as possible with family and friends. ALSO, by the time you're reading this, I'll be back in Missouri and moving into my first off-campus house. I can't wait to show you how I decorate my room, so be on the lookout for that blog post!

Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Facebook
Don't forget to follow Caiti Nicole on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment