How to Create the Perfect Email Signature


Professional communication quickly becomes extremely important in college. As a freshman, I checked my email for updates from professors and skimmed organization minutes. Now, holding various leadership positions, getting an email is exciting. There's so many opportunities coming into my inbox each day. You are likely emailing professors, advisers, potential employers and your peers as a collegian. Often, an email is going to be your first impression. You can create a positive and memorable impact on your audience with your email signature.

Do Include:

  • Your First & Last Name
  • University
  • Graduation Year
  • Major (& minor if you have one)
  • Phone Number
  • Organizations & Current Positions Held
  • Italics, Bold, Dashes, etc to break up information

Don't Include:

  • Email address (it's redundant)
  • High School Information
  • Outdated Information
  • Different Fonts
  • More than 6 lines of text

Here's an example of my email signature:

Here's how to add an email signature in Gmail and in Outlook!

You don't have to be involved in six organizations or have various awards to have an outstanding email signature! Just having your information available to recipients will help you to appear professional and competent. I hope this post was helpful for you! I've tweaked my signature on my email so many times in the last year, and I've seen my friends question how to create their own.

Let's be friends:
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Facebook
Don't forget to follow Caiti Nicole on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment