Homecoming 2016


Homecoming was last week at Missouri State! This year, my sorority was paired with Theta Chi, and together we formed the #dreamteam. We placed and won in so many competitions throughout the week together. The effort put in by Theta Chi and Gamma Phi was incredible. We also spent countless hours working on our float in the days leading up to the parade. Many members pulled all nighters pomping throughout the week. I even walked downstairs for breakfast one morning to find a guy asleep on our couch because he had been working all night. I was able to catch two hours of sleep on Friday night, and then it was time to bear up for the parade and game day. In the end, our float placed second. But, our team won homecoming overall!

This year, Gamma Phi Beta was able to sponsor a homecoming royalty candidate. The president of our chapter, Katie, interviewed and made it to court. She appointed me as her campaign manager, which was an incredible opportunity. Our chosen theme for her campaign was Friends, with the tagline "I'll be there for MSU." In the two weeks leading up to Homecoming, we spoke at different organizations, chalked campus, painted banners and shared posts all over social media. I was overwhelmed by the support from girls in my chapter and extremely proud of Katie for how she represented our sorority and our university during the campaign. Although she did not win queen, it was a great experience.

My second Homecoming at Missouri State was the best one so far. It's also made me sit back and think about how fast my time in college is going by. Many of our alumna, who I still think of as 'the seniors', came back for Homecoming. It was so great to see them, but so crazy to think how close I am to being a "real" adult. 

Let's be friends:
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Facebook
Don't forget to follow Caiti Nicole on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment