Bid Day 2016

(Fall 2015 New Member Class)

On Monday, the Delta Nu chapter of Gamma Phi Beta extended 92 bids. I was beyond excited to welcome home this group of women, and meet my crescent sister. In my sorority we assign crescent sister pairings with one active member and one new member. This is essentially a temporary big, so you have a person to go to while getting into the swing of things. Seeing all the girls run home made me so happy.

Recruitment was even more crazy than I expected it to be. The week before included long days of chanting, singing, clapping and walking through our entrances/exits. These practices often ran into the late hours of the night. However, I genuinely enjoyed most of recruitment and our Membership Vice President did such a great job of pulling everything together. Recruitment and practice allowed me to bond with so many different sisters. I also really liked being able to talk to so many women, and share my favorite memories about the sisterhood. The preference round was my favorite, mostly because it meant we were so close to getting to new sisters, but also because it is such an emotional and sentimental day. Senior speeches had me in tears on several occasions. 

All of this led up to bid day, and it was completely worth it. The evening began with chapter photos, and my new member class ones are at the top of this post! Then we got food and held a pinning ceremony for our new members. After that, it was basically a big dance party in front of the house. 

Congratulations to all the women out there who got their bids this fall or welcomed home a group of new sisters!

Let's be friends:
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Facebook
Don't forget to follow Caiti Nicole on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment