Omaha Recap


We left Saint Louis early on Thursday and headed straight to Omaha. After checking into our hotel, our first destination was the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge. This 3,000 foot long bridge connects Nebraska and Iowa across the Missouri River. We walked to the state line and back, since there wasn't necessarily anything for us to do on the Iowa side. Then, we headed to the Heartland of America Park to see the fountain and explore some more. We grabbed Jimmy Johns for dinner and went back to the park after dark to see the fountain lit up.

What I Wore:
Top // Bralette (sold out - similar) // Shorts // Sandals (sold out - similar)


Day two was spent at my main destination - Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. As someone who generally has a lot to say about Zoos, I was very impressed by this one. Many of the habitats were much more than a simple enclosure. Specifically, the Desert Dome and the Lied Jungle were designed to make you feel as though you had left the Zoo and traveled to these environments. Many parts of the Zoo are still under construction to become bigger, better and more interactive. I would honestly love to go back in a few years and see the improvements. If you visit, make sure you take a trip on the Skyfari to get a unique view of the Zoo.


What I Wore:
Tank // Cardigan // Shorts (last year - similar) // Sandals (sold out - similar)



Our final day in Omaha was a short one. After eating breakfast at our hotel, we headed downtown to see the Markets that take place every Saturday. There were plenty of local artisans and farm fresh foods. I bought some sunflowers, mostly just for the 'gram but I have absolutely no shame. Then, the six hour drive home began. We stopped for lunch and made it back in time to pick up our dog from the kennel that night.

What I Wore:
Tank (similar) // Shorts (ON SALE - $6.99) // Flip Flops

I haven't been up to a whole lot this summer, but I'm glad my family got to take this short vacation and visit a new city. Let me know what you've been up to this summer by leaving a comment down below!


Let's be friends:
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Facebook
Don't forget to follow Caiti Nicole on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Omaha!!! (Mostly because of that little Omaha Mall rap Justin Bieber did YEARS ago. Lame I know.) That aquarium/zoo really does look amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the trip!

      Delete