Why You Should go through Recruitment


When you start college, there are an endless amount of decisions to be made. You need to buy a ton of things for your dorm, find a roommate, and register for classes before the semester even begins. Then there's recruitment to think about. The summer before my freshman year, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to be apart of sorority life. Now here I am, and my chapter is one of the most important things in my life. I have no idea how I would have made it through my first year of college without the friends and sisters I met through Gamma Phi Beta. So here's why you should register for formal recruitment and take a chance on sorority life.

Support
My sisters are the ultimate support system. College is extremely stressful, but they remind me not to take life too seriously. We take care of each other when it's necessary. These women are the first to congratulate me when I achieve something and also the first to have my back when something doesn't go to plan. When you join a sorority, you find your people. These aren't just friends, these are sisters. 

Leadership
There are leadership positions within each chapter that help you gain experiences needed for the real world. If you aren't ready to take on a very demanding position, there are options with less responsibility to prepare you to be a leader. You'll also become more comfortable speaking in front of large groups!

Connections
Having one hundred or more sisters will offer so many connections and networking that wasn't possible before. If you are looking for a job, a sister probably knows someone that is hiring. If you need help in a class, you probably know someone who has already taken it. Also, you never know when or where you'll run into a sister from another school or an alumna.

Experiences
You have four years to make memories that are going to last a lifetime. Without my sorority, I would not have so many events to look back on, and I only have one year in the books. From Homecoming to Greek Week to Formals to Philanthropy events, sorority life will keep you busy. It's absolutely worth it to have something like this in your life, and you'll never be bored.

If you are worried that sorority life might not be for you, I promise that it is. Formal recruitment is organized so that you can find the perfect fit for you. Sorority involvement makes a large campus feel smaller and gives you a place to call home during your college years. I have gained more from my chapter than I could ever give back, and I hope that you will find that in a sorority too.

Let's be friends:
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Facebook
Don't forget to follow Caiti Nicole on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment