4th of July Weekend


I hope everyone had an amazing Fourth of July weekend! I kept busy each day, and you might have seen some of it on my instagram! I'm sharing a few more photos in this recap today.


So, there was a lot of rain forecast in Saint Louis for the weekend. I spent a lot of Saturday waiting for the rain to pass before attending a country concert at Fair Saint Louis. We were able to see LOCASH, Bobby Bones & the Raging Idiots, and Lee Brice. After LOCASH performed, I bought their album to meet them. The meet and greet was very short, but the guys were nice and thanked everyone for coming out in the rain. We bought some severely overpriced food to eat while we enjoyed Bobby Bones & the Raging Idiots. Then, we met up with quite a few friends for Lee Brice. Unfortunately, my phone battery was draining super fast and I didn't take too many photos.


On Sunday, I braved the rain again with my family to see a Cardinal's Game at Busch Stadium. We arrived early for a cooler backpack giveaway and were able to see the starting pitcher, Micheal Wacha warming up with our catcher, Yadier Molina. The game was delayed by about an hour but we sat through seven innings in a light drizzle. Eventually, the rain picked up and we decided to call it a night. Just as we were leaving, they called another rain delay. In the end, the Cardinals won! 




I headed back down to Fair Saint Louis on Monday for the fourth. There was rain all morning but it stopped and the skies cleared up by about 4pm. The sun was shining, which meant the temperature rose as well. Flo Rida was the headlining act that night so we made our way to the front and for the first few songs. After realizing that this close proximity meant being covered in other people's sweat and mud we chose to back up, all the way to the top of the hill, for the rest of the concert. We also enjoyed the fireworks from the top. There were easily a couple hundred thousand people on Art Hill that night and I decided I probably wouldn't be returning to Fair Saint Louis on the actual Fourth of July in the foreseeable future. I think I'll stay a little closer to home next year!

Overall I had a great, and busy, weekend! How was your Fourth of July?

Let's be friends:
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Facebook
Don't forget to follow Caiti Nicole on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment