My Netflix Picks

One of my greatest accomplishments in life is watching 6 and a half hours of Netflix in one day over winter break. This particular marathon was not the first of it's kind, but it was the result of me deciding to start watching Grey's Anatomy. There are several other series that I have put a lot of time into watching (some more than once). So, I decided to share my top Netflix picks with you.


Grey's Anatomy
This is my current obsession. I've been binge watching Grey's since December and I've made it to season 8. There's episodes that will make you laugh and so many episodes that will make you cry. I don't usually like seeing blood, but I handle it surprisingly well while watching Grey's. You can always look away during the intense surgical moments, if that's really a problem for you! Also, I can't tell you to start this series without mentioning that you should try not to get too attached to any characters!

Gossip Girl
I am completely unashamed to admit that I've watched all 121 episodes of Gossip Girl (at least) twice. I watched it during my junior year of high school and then again over summer before senior year. Gossip Girl will forever be my favorite TV show, and I would recommend it to literally everyone I know. 

One Tree Hill
Am I allowed to have two favorites? I chose to start watching One Tree Hill last year to move on from Gossip Girl, after a friend told me I had to watch it. I'll be honest, the first season is a little rough. However, once you get a feel for the characters and the story, you'll love it. It's also easy to relate to some of the story lines, since it's set at a high school in North Carolina and not the Upper East Side. 

Pretty Little Liars
I started Pretty Little Liars a few years ago and caught up to the current season. I loved the show, but there are some patches that weren't as on point as you would expect. I fell in love with the characters in this show, and I can't quit watching it now though. I'm excited to see where they go with the time jump season. 

American Horror Story
There is no sugar coating it, this show is extremely weird and can be scary at times. You have to be mentally prepared to question everything when you start watching AHS. That being said, you won't be able to stop watching once you've started. The second season is my favorite, but the others are also great. 

Friends
If you haven't watched Friends, it's a must. The characters are so lovable and you'll find yourself relating to each of them in different ways. When I have a friend that understands a Friends reference, I automatically like them more. This show is literally perfect for you to watch, regardless of age or gender. 

30 Rock
Tina Fey has brought many great things into the world (Mean Girls!) and 30 Rock is one of them. This sitcom is based on her years as a writer for Saturday Night Live and features a hilarious cast. I'm currently in season 6, and I've been watching it when Grey's gets too serious.

The Office
I watched some of The Office when it was on TV, but I went back and watched it from the beginning on Netflix and I'm so glad I did. This show is so funny for so many reasons. If you can't get enough after 9 seasons, there is also a UK version starring Ricky Gervais. It's probably important to note that the US version is based on the UK version so they are very similar. 

Parks & Recreation
Parks & Rec has a very similar feel to The Office since they have the same producer. If you watched one of the series and enjoyed it, you will enjoy the other. The characters in this show are different, but equally as entertaining. Some members of the cast weren't that famous when the show started but they are all extremely well known now (for example, Chris Pratt). 

New Girl
Whoever says they don't love Zooey Deschanel is a liar. There may only be a few seasons of New Girl on Netflix, but the fifth season is on Fox now so there's more to look forward to. Although many of the plot lines are completely unrealistic, it will make you laugh out loud each episode. 

I hope that next time you finish a show and aren't sure how to continue with your life, you can just choose another one from this list!


Let's be friends:
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest
Don't forget to follow Caiti Nicole on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment