My Dorm Room


Hi everyone! It's been a while since I sat down to actually write a blog post. I worked really hard to schedule several weeks worth of content before school started because I knew I would be so busy after I moved in. In my first, of many, college-related blog posts, I'm going to talk about my dorm!

I'm living in a suite style dorm room (which means I only share my bathroom with my roommate and two suite mates)! We also have a little kitchenette with a full sized refrigerator, sink, microwave, and table & chairs. The sink for the bathroom is outside of the actual bathroom with a pretty big counter. This is awesome because someone can get ready while another girl is showering or going to the bathroom. 

I share my room with one other girl. We each have a desk, bed, and closet. There's also chest of drawers which we share. I was actually surprised at the amount of space I have. I'm not allowed to use bed risers, but we do have the option of bunking our beds. There's still enough space under my bed for all my extra sheets and shoes that I'm not wearing constantly. 

I have a few tips for move-in day, relating to my experience! I'm actually a part of a living learning community, (for sustainability), which means we do activities as a floor and get to know each other really well. This also meant I was able to move in a day earlier than most students. If your school offers anything like this, it's definitely beneficial! I would also recommend packing in boxes. They're so much easier to get to your room than having to take lots of trips with oddly shaped/sized things. Also, read the checklist that your university provides when packing! Make sure you have everything you need and don't bring things that you aren't allowed to have.

If you have any questions about my dorm or move in experience, please comment below and ask me! Or, if there's another college blog post you want to see, let me know!



Let's be friends:
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is amazing! Your room is so pretty. Good luck with college this year x


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete