July Fourth

 

I hope everyone had amazing Fourth of July weekend! My family and I barbecued for and we went out to see the local fireworks. I met up with some friends and we did some patriotic flash tattoos, cracked glow sticks and watched the fireworks. Afterwards, we found somewhere to buy sparklers and I tried out the long exposure on my DSLR. It was definitely a process of trial and error. If you're trying to do these kinds of photos, I would highly recommend using a tripod so you can set the shutter speed at a few seconds.

I love this simple white dress, and it was under $15! It's so casual and I feel like I will wear it so much this summer. I will warn you, it's a little see through but it also comes in navy and green.

You may have noticed the bulky black shoe on my right foot. No, it's not a fashion statement. I fractured my little toe in the middle of the night when I was going to the bathroom in the dark. I can still walk around and do most of my normal activities, but it's a little sore. I also think this is also the first blog post featuring my haircut! I decided to get all of the ombre'd hair cut off as it was so damaged and just too long to manage during summer. It's so much easier to wash and care for my hair now. On occasion I miss my long hair, but I'm having fun trying new styles with this length and wearing it down way more often.

How did you spend your Fourth of July? I loved seeing everyone's red white and blue Instagram posts. Leave a comment and let me know!

Shop the Post:



Let's be friends:
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment