Weekend Getaway + Monogrammed!

 
// Large Duffel Travel Bag (Vera Bradley) //  


When I purchased this monogrammed t-shirt, I tweeted about how I couldn't wait to share it on my blog. It's taken a few months, but I couldn't help using it for this outfit when I realized it matched my duffel bag perfectly!

Today, I'm sharing a travel outfit and a few travelling tips. I'm wearing a monogrammed t-shirt from DesignedDowntown on Etsy. It comes in seven colors, and the monogram can be black or turquoise. The best part is that they are only $11. I got my shirt super fast and with no problems whatsoever. To ensure comfort, I usually wear leggings when travelling and the biggest shoes that I'm taking so I don't have to pack them. In winter, I'll wear UGGS, but in warmer months I wear my converse while travelling. 

I've done a fair amount of travelling in my life, but I always find packing difficult. I never know what I need, or I over pack. To avoid doing this, I've created a quick list of my top six packing and travelling tips
  • I like to plan outfits before packing, so I know exactly what I'll be wearing. This way, you can put the perfect pieces in your bag and you don't have to think about what you'll be wearing upon arrival. 
  • Check the weather forecast a few days before you leave, because the predictions for temperature and chance of rain constantly change.
  • Mix and match items to create different outfits from the same pieces.
  • Roll t-shirts and other similar items to save space. This also helps to reduce wrinkles.
  • Charge all electronic items the night before you leave/during the day to be sure you won't be looking for an outlet at the airport or fighting everyone else in the car for charging time.
  • Put necklaces in straws to avoid them getting tangled with other jewelry. I saw this on Pinterest, and it was literally life changing. I've always avoided taking necklaces on vacation, but this made it so much easier.
  • Use small ziploc bags or tape to keep liquid beauty and toiletry items from leaking all over your stuff.
I'd love for you to share your travel tips in the comments below! Let me know if you found this helpful. If you'd like, you can see photos from two of my previous vacations in several blog posts from last summer or spring break this year.

Don't forget to follow Shutterblush on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post! 

Let's be friends:
All photos taken by my Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment