I Hope You Had the Time of Your Life


On Thursday night, I walked across a big stage and shook hands with important people from my school district. I received my diploma and moved my tassels from the right side of my cap to the left. After four years of tests, essays, labs and projects, I'm finished with high school! This is so crazy to write because it truly doesn't feel real yet. It feels more like a spring break where I still have to go back to school on Monday. My friend who graduated last year said it doesn't hit you until you move in to your dorm in the fall. 

High school has been a crazy four years, and I know I've changed a lot. I'm so thankful for the teachers and friends that have helped me to grow and become the person I am today. My parents, of course, played a huge role in the fact that I even made it to this point in my life.


I have four important tips I've collected for those of you in high school now. Whether you are going into your freshman year or starting your senior year, I think these will be helpful to keep in mind.


  • Get involved. I know this is something you hear from literally everyone in regards to high school, but it's so true. Try a club or a sport, even if it's just for one semester or season. The people you will meet are amazing and you automatically have something in common. 
  • It's so good to have a range of friends. Don't limit yourself to one group. This is something I did up until my last year. Branch out, because not all of your friends have to be best friends with each other. This will help you out when it comes time to go to college because you will be more likely to know people going to the same school.
  • Work hard but don't let anything cause you and immense amount of stress. Sure, your grades are important and you never want to be failing a class. But in the end, your achievements in high school are not measured by the number of honors or AP classes you took. Your high school experience is not defined by your GPA or ACT score. 
  • Get to know your teachers. When you have a strong relationship with a teacher, it changes everything. The class will be more fun, they will be more willing to help you prepare for a test or revise a paper. It also gives you a great person to email or visit for advice as you prepare for college.

I'm so excited to see what the future has in store for me. I'm planning on studying Marketing, but I'm not sure which specific area yet. I know I want to minor in Spanish, and I love photography but I have to decide if the classes will be worth it.



I wore



No comments:

Post a Comment