Becoming one with Nature

A couple of weeks ago, I went camping and took my DSLR in hopes of getting some pretty nature shots. However, I left my memory card in my laptop, and was left with only iPhone photos. I've had this post saved as a draft for a little while. It got pushed back with the Lilly for Target launch and Prom happening in the same weekend. I still wanted to share these photos though. So, here's some of my camping adventures!



We arrived on a Friday evening and left the following Sunday afternoon. The first night, we explored a pond and watched the stars reflect in the water, which was so pretty. On the Saturday, we hiked up to several other ponds to learn about the wildlife. We found several salamanders on the way. In above photos, I'm holding a red back salamander. They can be found as far south as North Carolina, and as far north as Quebec. Spring was in full swing, as the flowers began to blossom.



We also found a box turtle! He quickly hid inside his shell, but I still had to have a picture. If you were close enough, you could see him inside.




On the Saturday afternoon, we canoed for about three hours. Before this, I had only been rafting and kayaking, which are really a different experience. In a canoe, you have to put so much effort into steering and staying balanced. We almost hit a few large rocks and trees but managed to remain mostly dry.


On our last morning, we hiked straight up a hill to this pretty view of the prairie. It was so peaceful and amazing to just sit and listen to the stream and watch the birds in the sky. I camped a lot as a kid, but my family hasn't done it as much recently. It was so nice to get out there and spend a day or two without Internet access. 
Today is also Earth day, but there are lots of weekend celebrations across the world. You can get more information here, but I really encourage you to try something Earth-friendly today!

Leave a comment to let me know if you enjoyed this post, and as always don't forget to follow shutterblush on Bloglovin' so you never miss a post!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun camping, I love your photos!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did, thankyou!

      Caiti // shutterblush

      Delete
  2. Such cool photos !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete