Into the Jungle

Whilst on my Disney vacation, we visited the Animal Kingdom. I took my DSLR so all of the following photos (that I'm not in) were taken by me. All of them were taken on my Pentax by me or a friend. 




I decided to dress up a little more today. I love these printed shorts, in Waterloo Blue, from Target. The material is so light and they are so comfortable. The pattern is also adorable. They also come in several other prints for under $20.








Disney does such a great job of making you feel like you've left Florida and gone on a real safari. The whole theme park is basically also a zoo. There are little habitats everywhere with real animals. There's also a chance to meet with some characters. Pocahontas was so pretty and her hair was amazing. We chatted about my long journey in a canoe to get to the forest. She also talked about her special friend, Meeko.


We used our Fastpass+ for the Kilimanjaro Safari. It was so realistic, and they even pretend the car is going to fall off one of the bridges. A giraffe decided to block our route, which made for some awesome photos.




If you've been following my blog, then you know I love wildlife. We had to walk through the self guided Pagani Forest Exploration Trail. There were baby gorillas hiding in among the bushes as well as this older one.



Just like at the Magic Kingdom, there is so much attention paid to the details that make the park look realistic. While you are exploring Africa, there might be a band recreating traditional music. All the food matches the continent. There is even curry in Asia, but it was too hot for anything spicy.

If you take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch, you can meet Rafiki as well as Chip and Dale. There's also a conservation station and petting zoo. We were able to see the places where Disney employees work to help wildlife


We didn't get to stop for a meet and greet with Baloo and King Louie, but they did walk by for a great photo op.



In Asia, there are some really cute gift shops and decorations. We also walked through the Maharajah Jungle Trek and saw birds, bats, a komodo dragon, and a tiger. We used our Fastpass+ again to ride the Kali River Rapids, which sheds light on deforestation and soaks its riders. Our last ride was Expedition Everest, where you learn about the legends of the yeti. We actually rode this twice, as the line was only thirty minutes when we arrived. This is the only real roller coaster, so I highly recommend it for older visitors.


















We stayed until Animal Kingdom closed at eight. Overall, I would highly recommend this park if you can't get to all of them. There is so much to see and do, and we didn't even make it to Dinoland. We also didn't have time to see any shows, but I heard the Festival of the Lion King is the best one. 

What I'm Wearing





No comments:

Post a Comment