Baby, It's Cold Outside...



During winter break, one of my favorite activities is ice skating. Let's face it, when it's this cold, I won't leave my house unless I absolutely have too. But, ice skating can be so much fun! I went with some friends to a local outdoor rink, and had a blast. I even managed to fall only once!


I decided to wear a fitted sweater for warmth, topped with one of my winter staples, my white puffer vest. I added one of my favorite new scarves for extra warmth, and also for some color. One pair of leggings just doesn't cut it in midwest winter, so I wore two pairs. Underneath my UGG boots, I had two pairs of tall socks on. Rental skates can be really uncomfortable, so extra layers of padding are great. I put my hair back with a knit headband to keep my hair out of my face. I didn't want to pull my hair back into ponytail, for fear of my neck getting too cold!

Instead of carrying my regular handbag, I opted for a smaller crossbody that I could keep on my person all evening. Locker rentals aren't worth the hassle! This bag was just big enough to keep my wallet, phone, and a lip balm in.


Sweater - Nordstrom Rack (similar here)
Puffer Vest - Old Navy
Scarf - Old Navy
Leggings - H&M
Boots - UGG Australia
Bag - Billabong

If you enjoyed this outfit post, let me know in the comments! Also, don't forget to follow Shutterblush on Bloglovin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment