Holiday Puppy Chow


With only a few days until Christmas, it's the perfect time to make some fun snacks. I made a Holiday themed puppy chow for a holiday party at my work. I thought I'd share it with all of you.
I roughly followed the recipe from the back of my Chex Cereal. So if you want to imitate mine, you'll need:

  • 8 cups Rice Chex (for more flavor, you can use Chocolate Chex, or something like that).
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (I actually used the Reese's Peanut Butter Spread because I only had crunchy peanut butter. Nutella will also work!)
  • 1 tbsp butter/margarine
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup Holiday M&Ms
  • 1 cup Peppermint Bark Chips


Steps:

  1. Measure Chex into a large bowl and set aside.
  2. In a glass (microwave-safe bowl) heat chocolate chips and butter. To do this without burning your chocolate, bring a couple cups of water to a boil in a pot. Make sure you use a bowl large enough to sit on top of the pot. You are basically creating a double boiler.
  3. Mix in the peanut butter, or other chocolatey spread. Once the mixture is smooth, you can take it away from heat. 
  4. Pour over Chex cereal and mix until all pieces are coated. In order to do this, I split mine in half and stirred.
  5. Put all Chex into a 2 gallon resealable bag and add powdered sugar. Shake it up until all pieces are covered.
  6. Chex recommends that you cool it on waxed paper, and then store in an airtight container.
  7. I mixed in my M&Ms and Peppermint Chips after I cooled it, so that the M&Ms wouldn't melt.



Let me know if you enjoyed this blog post by leaving a comment. If you make my version of Puppy Chow, post it on instagram or twitter and use "#Shutterblush"




No comments:

Post a Comment