DIY Christmas Countdown


Happy December! I'm going to try and post a lot more throughout the holiday season and next year. I know I've been slacking lately but I'd rather put up more quality posts than throw something together last minute every week.

For my first Christmassy Post, I'm showing you a DIY Christmas Countdown! It's a very easy DIY and perfect to do at the beginning of the month.



You'll Need:
  • A Stand: I'm using one that I already had at home but you can buy one similar at Hobby Lobby or another craft store.
  • Chalkboard Paint: I used chalkboard paint that was made for glass, because the surface of my plate was shiny.
  • Chalk: I used sidewalk chalk in the supplies photo, but a softer chalk is better.
  • Plate: Any Christmas colored serving plate will work, but I bought this one at Party City for a few dollars.
  • Brush: I used a sponge brush, which you can get at any craft store.
Steps:
  • 1. Clean your plate with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. This preps the surface for the chalkboard paint.
  • 2. Once it's dry, paint several layers of chalkboard paint onto the inner circle of the plate. The first layer was difficult, because the paint was not sticking. After that layer dried, the second coat covered it fine.
  • 3. My chalkboard paint suggested to allow drying time for four days. I let it dry for a couple hours and it was fine.
  • 4. Design your countdown! I looked at fonts online for inspiration.
  • 5. Don't forget to change the number everyday.

In the end, I used a paint marker style chalk. Let me know if you liked this DIY in the comments. 

In the comments, also let me know what kinds of posts you want to see during the holiday season and make sure you follow Shutterblush on Bloglovin' to see all of my holiday posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment