4th of July: Big Bear Lake


This summer, my family drove across the American southwest. We followed Route 66 to Los Angeles with a few touristy stops along the way. Big Bear Lake was our destination for the 4th of July weekend. We arrived on the 3rd and left for Los Angeles on the 5th. 


On our first day, we walked from the house into town to look around and shop. The town is quite pretty in the summer and I imagine it is at all times of year. The buildings are all very similarly designed, and give a rustic, village feel. 



We stopped in a little cafe/candy shop that my cousin had been talking about all morning. My mom and I shared a dark chocolate & caramel apple, which was delicious, but too sweet to eat all at once.



On the 4th, the house was filled with family and friends and good food. The lake quickly filled up throughout the day with boats of all shapes and sizes. After dinner, my uncle took as many people as could fit on his boat out to see the fireworks. We were at a perfect distance from where the fireworks were being set off, as we could see everything but weren't being covered in ashes.




No comments:

Post a Comment